Joe,

JH> Okay Ladies and gents... I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't
JH> take advantage of arrays like they should be... would some be so kind as
JH> to explain them...

You won't get much joy from this list with this kind of question - it
is simply too general for anyone to answer. You have to help us to
help you. What precisely do you find confusing?

If you find the manual confusing (and it does tend to assume some
knowledge) you might benefit from reading one of the many books aimed
at introducing PHP to people new to programming. I personally like
Teach Yourself PHP4 in 24 hours by Zandstra (Sams Publishing). This is
a short, affordable book that explains the basic concepts pretty
clearly.

PHP is an easy language to learn, but you can't expect it to be
painless, any more than learning, say, French would be painless. The
more effort you put in, the more the language will reward you...

Geoff Caplan
Advantae