> Everything I try I get "undefined index" what does this mean? It is
> vital also that I can grab the user and the pass before somebody can
> access a certain part of the website, like the authentication dialogs
> that appear in Internet Explorer.

Like Lief said, it's $_SERVER['LOGON_USER']...

That's only going to be set if you allow access by NT permissions instead of
allowing anonymous browsing, anyhow.

You're not going to be able to get the password, so give up on that. If
you're on an intranet, just use NT permissions on the directory and you can
specifically allow which individuals or groups you want and not allow anyone
else.

---John Holmes...