Greetings again,

Did as Ralph suggested...here is the output :
------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] php]# find / -name php.ini -print
/home/chris/Documents/Mein Stuph/PHP 4
Package/php-4.3.1/pear/tests/php.ini
find: /mnt/floppy: Input/output error
find: /mnt/cdrom: Input/output error
/mnt/ClientWebs/knowledgeTree/etc/php.ini
/mnt/Users/CBlake/Backup/Documents/Mein Stuph/PHP 4
Package/php-4.3.1/pear/tests
/php.ini
/usr/local/Zend/bin/php.ini

With the exception of the .ini located in the last entry, all others are
merely blank files....

I then copied the php.ini-dist to /etc as suggested, renamed it and all
is OK now....

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this one....muchly appreciated.

Regards

Chris