>  The site really does
> need Login.
>
> The thing is this, I'm developing for an internal site, (My dept) but I need
> to access other dept's site to get info but unfortunately They won't give me
> access to query the db directly. Prefering me to go through the site and
> input accordingly to grab the data.
>
>       I just find this to be "SO" troublesome as I need to get this data
> for every week. Week In.. Week Out and for a lot of items..

Screen scraping for fun and profit! Anything you can type into a form in
a web browser, you can throw at the server with a program (if you have
enough time to write the program).

In perl, there are LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Request, HTTP::Cookies,
HTTP::Response, URI, etc.

In php, I don't see anything right offhand. But, there's always Pear,
which is becoming php's CPAN, and pear has at least these two:

    http://www.pear.php.net/package-info.php?package=HTTP_Request
    http://www.pear.php.net/package-info.php?package=HTTP_Client

and they look somewhat promising.

You'll probably need ssl related classes for the https stuff; it looks
like there's some support in Pear's encryption stuff. I'm sure the php
community would appreciate it if you would build and share anything
that's missing. ;->

>       But I will take a look at SNOOPY. (hey.. isn't the name snoopy
> copyrighted??)

Trademarked, but only in relation to a cartoon character of a beagle and
products based on the character, I think.

--
Joel Rees, programmer, Kansai Systems Group
Altech Corporation (Alpsgiken), Osaka, Japan