Hi List
Just want to make sure:

Is there no way for me to easily determine the byte size occupied by a
variable (regardless of type)?

It might be trivial, or I'm missing the point (as per usual)...

I would like to find the actual byte size that is transmitted when say a
$_POST variable is sent, or how much memory a particular variable is taking
up.

Just want to make sure. Some of the post received so far suggest that "one
character = one byte" etc, but I would love to work with something more
precise if possible, also, is a variable contains a multi-dimensional array,
would that "one character = one byte" formula still return a fair
representation?

Thanks.