I've googled for it, but nothing came up. How do I display code on a page without it being executed?
i want the page to display HTML code as it would look if you typed it into an editor (not encoded), and the code I want to display is being spit out by PHP. Which functions should i look at? i can get it to display with urlencode, but, of course, it's encoded.
Thank you,
Jason

P.S. a bit more info:
I'm pulling a file from my site like this: $file = file("http://..../file.php";);
it works fine, but i want to be able to print out lines that meet a certain criteria, and that includes any of the html source that comes along with it.
however, the the search script tries to execute the lines instead of displaying them.
i don't want to write this to a file and then display as this is for admin purposes and i want to be able to do quick scans from a browser, and i want the matches to display underneath the search form, which I can do, but I make a note of it because the page still has to react as an html page (form submission).
this make any sense?