Hi there!

I'm developing an application to which you can upload
files. Right now the destination folder of those files
is at /public_html/files which makes them visible from
the internet.

I thought of putting that ./files/ folder outside the
./public_html/ folder and make those files be only
accessible via PHP pages (if the pages doesn't display
a link to that folder there's no way to download the
file). But, there's any way to keep on having the
./files/ folder inside ./public_html/ and have those
files protected? Right now to identify users
(authenticate them) I use session variables... it
should be a protection that could be used together
with session variables....

Thanks a lot.

Kisses,
Maria