Hi there,
I'm real beginner in php and tried to use sockets.
I copied an example from manual (Simple TCP/IP client) and connected to my
socket server.
If I understadn manual correctly, then function

read ($socket, $out, $len)

is supposed to read buffer with length $len or break out with chr(0) or
chr(10).

When I tried, it read the buffer, but always timed out with default 30 sec
no matter what I was doing on the other end of socket.

while ($ab=read ($socket, $out, $len)) {
    echo $out;
}

Where should I look ?

Lembit Pirn