I recently upgraded from RedHat 9 supplied 4.1.2 to from_the_net 4.3.2.
I am running the command line version (#!/usr/bin/php) as a .cgi rather than
directly in apache as a module (with a .php suffix).

What I find is that the first line after #!/usr/bin/php needs to be:

This used to be generated automatically, and still is in apache module version.

The whole thing acts differently, phpinfo() generates text output and not HTML.

It seems as if the /usr/bin/php has decided that it is not generating web output
any more -- for some reason.

Is there a build/configure option that I can set to get the original behaviour or
a command line switch to specify 'html on' or something ? I have looked but cannot
find anything.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alain Williams