Greetings learned PHP(eople),

Scenario : User fills in text box, pushes Submit and textbox data gets
passed to MySQL database..

The code from the HTML page :

<form action="savemail.php" method="GET" target="main">
<input type="text" class="mailinput" name="mailaddress" value="Your
Email Address">

The code from savemail.php :

<?php
      $result = @mysql_pconnect('localhost', 'user', 'pass');
      $query = "insert into email values ('" . $_REQUEST['mailaddress']
. "')";
   //Error stuff-------------------------------------------------
      $ResSaveMail = mysql_query($query);
      if (!$ResSaveMail)
           {
              echo("<P>Error performing query: " . mysql_error() . "</P>");
              echo("Your email has not been saved to the Delta Database.");
              exit();
?>
=======================================

THe problem :
The variable 'mailaddress' is not getting passed to savemail.php

echo $_REQUEST['mailaddress'] reveals blank....

On another programmers advice I tried using POST in my form, but that
don`t work either..

The database is getting populated with blank values...is my problem in
the php code somewhere..I been playing with this for a while now and no
joy has yet surfaced..

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

--
Chris Blake
Office : (011) 782-0840

Then there was the Formosan bartender named Taiwan-On.