Binay Agarwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi every body !
>
> I am writing a script which  pops up download dialog box on click of a Link.
>
> Headers i m sending out for downloading jpegs are:
>
>         header("Cache-control: private");
>         header("Content-Type: image/jpeg");
>         header("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
>         header("Content-Length: $size");
>         header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$fname");
>         header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
>         readfile($fname);
>
> All these work well in MSIE 5.0+ and Netscape 4.7+ . But on Mac I.E its not popping
> up the dialog box rather it opens up the jpg file in the browser window. I don know
> where am i doing wrong. Please suggest me . I cracked my mind for hours but in vain.
> So please help me out.

No matter what you do you cant guarantee that the pop-up box, it all
depends on how the client's browswer software wants to do with that
paticular mime-type.

have you tried sending out something like just to see something unknown
forces it to open:
header("Content-Type: application/makeupyourown");

Curt.