--- Curt Zirzow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On the other hand, I've found a lot of tutorials extolling PHP's
> > socket functions, and since I know PHP a bit now I would rather
> > use it for my TCP socket application than learn C and implement
> > it there.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> if you plan on using it, it might be wise to get on the php-dev
> mailing list and watch stuff there too. And maybe talk to the
> people who are writing the socket extension.

Disclaimer: Things listed as experimental should always be treated as such and
never relied upon to have a consistent API or not break.

That said, I recall that the current sockets extension maintainer desires to
label the extension stable as soon as possible. This means that it is highly
unlikely that the API will change. In addition, I have used it extensively and
have found it to be very stable under a number of conditions. I treat it as a
stable extension myself.

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/