Thanks Curt.

Your suggestion works great.  I had come up with this to clear the
array, which also worked for me in this instance, by doing this

$array['item'] = "";

But I think your suggestion is better because one I have used the array
fields once I have no further use for them so I might as well get rid of
them.  Thanks again.

Jason