* Thus wrote Merlin ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> this is a reply on:
>
> > I am wondering how on php.net the search for functions is done.
> You
> > can add
> > any function just behind the php.net
> > like php.net/phpinfo and it will point you right through it. I
> know  how to
> > redirect this as a 404 error in apache to another file, but then
> the
> > url is
> > changing. In the php.net case the url stayes the same.
> > Does anybody know how this is done?
>
> reply:
>
> Use a path relative to your httpdocs for your error document, e.g.
> ErrorDocument 404 /myerrorpage.php
> instead of
> ErrorDocument 404 http://mysite/myerrorpage.php
> David.
>
> Unfortunatelly this is not what I mean.
>
> Have a look on this:
> http://www.globosapiens.net/hially
> A php page is redirecting this 404 error to another page, but I would like
> to have
> the URL stay the same like it is done on php.net

mod_rewrite can do that.

Or:

header('HTTP/1.0 307 Temporary Redirect');
header('Location: /uri/to/file');
?>
---

<rfc2616 section="10.3.8">
307 Temporary Redirect

The requested resource resides temporarily under a different URI.
Since the redirection MAY be altered on occasion, the client
SHOULD continue to use the Request-URI for future requests.
</rfc2616>

I havn't tested it but the behaviour for the client is specified.

> Can anybody help?

HTH,

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."