* Thus wrote Dan Joseph ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi,
>
> > > Let's say I have a number: 12800001924
> > >
> > > The rules call for removing "1280+", meaning remove 128 and all 0's that
> > > come after it, until you run into another number.
> > >
> > > In the end, it would leave 1924, and everything else on the beginning
> > would
> > > be gone.
> >
> > $new_number = preg_replace('/^1280+/','',$number);
>
>       Now, since I'm only about 25% up to par with RegEx, can anyone point me to
> a good site that explains them?  I've got a couple more things to do on the
> number processing, but I don't want to sit here all day and keep posting
> them as I come along, so I'm want to RTM...

you probably have 3 other emails in your INBOX telling you this,
but I wouldn't know cause they arn't posting to the list....

anyway so everyone knows...

PHP has put together some nice documentation on this:
  http://us4.php.net/manual/en/pcre.pattern.modifiers.php
  http://us4.php.net/manual/en/pcre.pattern.syntax.php

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."