* Thus wrote Pushpinder Singh Garcha ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> hello everyone,
>
> Can somebody tell me why meta-refresh is not preferred to do re-directs
> ?
> I know Javascript is browser dependent, so its undependable.
Again, this has already been mentioned three (3) times in this
thread alone,  just to re-iterate since this thread is all messed
up and overly responded to....

Here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/checkpoint-list.html

> using headers in php requires that no output is sent to the browser,
> what if the code logic requires that there is some output sent to the
> browser. I am sorry if this is a repeat question because someone
> earlier did mention abt output buffering as a way around.

Yes, output buffering is what you would do. I would recommend
programming around using output buffering and if you cant then
rethink your logic.

and on a side note, technically you should also send html with your
header('Location: /url') for browsers that either are unable to
redirect or have automatic re-direction off.

Ok.. now I'm even more guilty of keeping this thing alive. from now
on I am ignoring all messages in this thread :)

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."