I am trying to create a submit button out of a hyperlink using the
following
code:

(this is in a file called index.html)
<A href="javascript:go_where_my_variable_says('this.php');">this
page</a>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
function go_where_my_variable_says(where)
{
    document.forms[0].action = where;
    document.forms[0].submit();
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

This works fine as an html document, however, when I try to echo the
same code
out in a PHP page, it gives me javascript errors.  I am using the
following to
echo it out in PHP:

echo "
<A href=\"javascript:go_where_my_variable_says('this.php');\">this
page</a>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=\"JavaScript\">
<!--
function go_where_my_variable_says(where)
{
    document.forms[0].action = where;
    document.forms[0].submit();
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
";

This displays the link fine for the submit hyperlink, but it gives the
javascript error:

Error:  Object doesn't support this property or method.
Code:  0

Like I said before, this code works perfectly fine if I have it an html
document.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt