>Have you tried inserting it without including the id field in the insert
statement? I have several tables with auto increments and I never even
bother
>putting that field in the insert statement.

Well, no. But that's not where the problem is. If I was unclear - the
id-field work as it should. It's when I try to use
A variable in the query-string the problem pops up.

IOW - INSERT INTO SITE (id,name,url,comment) VALUES
(null,'testname','testurl','testcomment');

Works

INSERT INTO SITE (id,name,url,comment) VALUES
(null,'$name','$url','$comment');

Does not when I've set $comment=null;

If every field has a proper value (when everything had been filled in on the
form),
Everything works as expected.

/Jonas

---