Hello,

I have been working with php ncurses for an IRC client and I have a problem
with using colors.

I have been able to find the example php-4.3.2/ext/ncurses/example1.php, and
that does work. It seems to use ncurses_color_set() for setting the color.

However, my application uses 3 windows. And within those windows,
ncurses_color_set() doesn't do anything at all.
Btw, with windows I mean ncurses windows, not the operating system :).

I have been looking at the manpages for the C ncurses functions but that
didn't really help me out.

I have also looked at a C++ ncurses application that uses colors in windows.
That used wattron() and wbgkdset(). But if I understand
php-4.3.2/ext/ncurses/c-prototypes correctly, those functions are not
implemented in php ncurses.

Another thing I have tried is to send terminal control characters like
^[[0;31;40m. But they are just outputted to the screen.

Google doesn't seem to help me out on this problem and I can't even find other
php ncurses projects.

Ofcourse, I could also just be wasting my time here because it is just
impossible.

For those interested, my project has a sourceforge project page at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/torc. I have not included any sources
from it because I thought that would not be relevant.

Thanks in advance,
Erik Romijn