$details is an array (just like $company_name was). Try to view
print_r($details); and see what you get.

---John Holmes...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pushpinder Singh Garcha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 3:18 PM
Subject: [PHP] Store array as Session Variable

hello All,

  I am trying to store an array as a session variable.

    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
if ( !is_array($company_name) ) $company_name = array();
           array_push($company_name, $row['company']);

    // try to register session variable
             $_SESSION['link'] = $company_name;

}

Now when I try to access this session variable in another file...I am
getting a junk value.I am not sure if I am getting this right.

$details = $_SESSION['link'];
  echo "LINK: ".$details."<br>";

Can some one fill me in on this. Appreciate it !  Thanks in advance.

--Pushpinder Singh