php-general Digest 29 Jul 2003 10:17:09 -0000 Issue 2204

Topics (messages 157252 through 157288):

Re: Parsing MySQL query return
        157252 by: Nicholas Robinson
        157271 by: Jason Wong

Re: Script Execution Time
        157253 by: Petya A Shushpanov
        157255 by: Chris W. Parker
        157256 by: Petya A Shushpanov
        157259 by: Jeff Harris

Re: Store array as Session Variable
        157254 by: Rob Adams

curl question
        157257 by: Dale Hersh

open source content management systems?
        157258 by: r-militante.northwestern.edu
        157274 by: Angelo Zanetti
        157275 by: Davy Obdam
        157283 by: Per Jessen

Re: How is this possible?
        157260 by: Simon Fredriksson
        157261 by: Simon Fredriksson

Unable to configure PHP5 on Linux
        157262 by: Jonathan Villa
        157266 by: Evan Nemerson
        157268 by: Jonathan Villa

Re: The session finishes unexpectedly
        157263 by: Tomás Liendo

looking for some kind of CMS breakthough (slightly OT)
        157264 by: Justin French

Re: Get Local IP Address
        157265 by: Tom Rogers

Re: problem: creating global alias inside function
        157267 by: Tom Rogers
        157270 by: Tom Rogers

Re: $_GET['sort'] & argument separator
        157269 by: Ow Mun Heng

DHCP web interface. New version.
        157272 by: Daevid Vincent
        157273 by: Chris W. Parker
        157281 by: Tom Rogers

Re: variable in function parameter
        157276 by: 386-DX

xls2pdf
        157277 by: jan
        157286 by: sven

PHP port problem
        157278 by: Nabil

Re: uploading a file from a form
        157279 by: Tom Rogers

PHP suexec: html files as PHP.
        157280 by: Joan McGalliard

Re: Upload files
        157282 by: Tassos T

How can I add records to database every 60 minutes???
        157284 by: phpu
        157285 by: Sćvar Öfjörđ

CGI Timeout
        157287 by: imran

Backtip operator
        157288 by: desa15.necso.es

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Begin Message ---
It occurred to me after my first reply that you might be able to do something
in mysql.

This works (given my earlier assumptions):

select left( paras, if ( locate( '\n', paras ) = 0, length( paras ), locate(
'\n', paras ))) ...

It will work with \n\n as well.

On Monday 28 Jul 2003 7:57 pm, Ewout de Boer wrote:
> [...]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Tuesday 29 July 2003 04:16, John wrote:
> I'm using someone elses data here (inheriting). But it looks like it was
> typed into the field, possibly using PHPMyADMIN. I would assume the
> paragraphs are just seperated by carriage returns. Is there a way to tell
> for sure?

Yes, examine the contents.

/*
I don't want to be young again, I just don't want to get any older.
*/

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
<?
class  jTimer  {
  var  $start  =  0;
  var  $stop  =  0;
  var  $elapsed  =  0;

  function  start() { $this->start  =  microtime(); }
  function  stop() { $this->stop    =  microtime(); }
  function  elapsed() {
    if ($this->elapsed) {
      return  $this->elapsed;
      } else {
        $start_u = substr($this->start,0,10);
        $start_s = substr($this->start,11,10);
        $stop_u = substr($this->stop,0,10);
        $stop_s = substr($this->stop,11,10);
        $start_total = doubleval($start_u)  +  $start_s;
        $stop_total = doubleval($stop_u)  +  $stop_s;
        $this->elapsed = $stop_total  -  $start_total;
        return  $this->elapsed;
$timer  =  new  jTimer;
$timer->start();

#your code here