Please go back and read the manual page for mysql_query again
(http://www.php.net/mysql_query).

The above returns FALSE if the query is invalid, or a resource_id you can use to fetch
the result (or information about it).  So most likely $person is now a MySQL resource
id that doesn't match any of the conditions in your if statement, and also (more
importantly) doesn't tell you whether you have an empty set or not.  I'd suggest
mysql_num_rows() for that.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]