Sounds great, although I doubt my host will install... has anyone considered such a beast running as a PHP function/class?

Justin

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 02:53 PM, Jeff Harris wrote:

On Jul 30, 2003, "Curt Zirzow" claimed that:

|* Thus wrote Justin French ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
|> Hi all,
|
|hello.
|

|> has anyone developed or know of a function to convert all tags to
|> lowercase, but still preserves the contents of the tags and the content
|> of the attributes of the tags?
|
|nice little tool:
|http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
|
|Some one built a function that uses that tool to filter, you'll
|have to search the archives, cause I dont know of it off hand.
|

|Curt

I use tidy built into my scripts. In your tidy config file you can set
covert to lower case, indent, output XHTML or whatever. Curt refers to
phpTidyHt which basically does the same thing but with a function call.
Most pages come out crisp and clean. The others are inherently wacked and
need fixing anyway.

<?php
ob_start();
// process stuff
print("</body></html>");
$str = addslashes(ob_get_contents());
$fp = popen("echo \"" . $str .
      "\" | /path/to/tidy -config /path/tidy/config", "r");
$newstr = "";
do {
    $data = fread($fp, 999999);
    if (strlen($data) == 0) {
        break;
    }
    $newstr .= $data;
}
while(true);
pclose($fp);
ob_end_clean();
$modtime = filemtime($_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED']);
$gmt_modtime = gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', $modtime). ' GMT';
header("Last-Modified: " . $gmt_modtime);
header("Content-length: " . strlen(stripslashes($newstr ) ) );
echo stripslashes($newstr);
?>

--
Registered Linux user #304026.