From: Russell P Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 6:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Invalid Characters, XML...

Im using PHP to write to XML files, but I am having some problems. A lot of
users are cutting and pasting content from text editors like word, which
uses odd quotation marks, dashes, etc. which PHP writes to the XML file, and
then the XML parser does not under stand. Is there a
stripslashes() or htmlspecialchars() equivalent that will convert this kind
of stuff to the correct ascii text?

Russ