Hi Jacob,

The script does indeed run, and I have since added the following :

$shell_return = shell_exec("./info.sh" . " 2>&1");

This pointed out to me that the error was in the script itself, and not
the php...

I have now sorted this out so it works as expected...

Thanks for your time in assisting..

Regards

Chris

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 08:58, Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:
> Does the script work when you run it by hand?
>
> Try to insert an echo "TESTER" in the top the shell script to make sure
> something is sent to stdout. And then check in your php script that you
> receive the message.
>
> Best regards,
> Jacob Vennervald
>
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 08:38, Chris Blake wrote:
> > Greetings learned PHP(eople);
> >
> > I have a small script sitting in my web directory which I have called
> > upon as follows :
> >
> > <?php
> > shell_exec('./info.sh');
> > ?>
> >
> > The script is not being run, yet I can do things like
> >
> > <?php
> > $info=shell_exec('ls -l');
> > echo '<pre>$info</pre>';
> > ?>
> >
> > ..which produce output to the browser...
> >
> > I have tried 'chown apache:apache info.sh' but this doesn`t change
> > anything....
> > I have also tried using './info.sh' with no result....
> >
> > Any pointers much appreciated as to why this won`t work. The permissions
> > are as follows for the script file :
> >
> > -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root         2456 Aug  5 16:35 info.sh
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Chris Blake
> > Office : (011) 782-0840
> > Cell : 083 985 0379
> >
> > Join the army, see the world, meet interesting, exciting people, and
> > kill them.
> >

> > --

Chris Blake
Office : (011) 782-0840
Cell : 083 985 0379

We're mortal -- which is to say, we're ignorant, stupid, and sinful --
but those are only handicaps.  Our pride is that nevertheless, now and
then, we do our best.  A few times we succeed.  What more dare we ask
for?
                -- Ensign Flandry