> Shell side:
> - must be readable and executable by user (apache or perhaps everyone)
> - suid bit work only for programs, not scripts I think
> - shell can only execute cmds for which it's effective user has
> sufficient permissions
>
> Try this (as root on webserver), if you can login as apache.
> If you can't login as apache, log as a normal user (not root)
> # su - apache
> $ cd /path/to/script
> $ ./myscript.sh
> You will probably see errors here.

As Juan suggested I checked /var/log/messages. The shell script I'm trying
to run is a script that restarts our web content filter. In the script it
removes the pid file so it will be recreated when the application is started
again. The error I'm getting in the message log is "dansguardian: Error
creating/opening pid file." Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks for your help,
Rod