> [snip]
>   $newFile = "xml/".$type."/".$now.".xml";
>   while(file_exists($newFile))
>    $newFile = "xml/".$type."/".$now++.".xml";
>   $text = $_POST['text'];
>   $text = urlencode(stripslashes(nl2br($text)));
> [/snip]
>
> At this point (for testing putposes) I would echo "$text"; and start
> looking for clues. If I were a betting man I would have to say that
> there is some problem with quotes within the text. I hope that this
> points you in the right direction.

been doing some more testing. $text seems to stay intact throughout, it is
exactly what it should be. if i do an fwrite( $fp, $text ) then it writes
perfectly all contents of the $text as i would expect. i shouldn't get any
problems with quotes or other characters as the whole lot is urlencode()'d

> Have a pleasant and fruitful day!

wow, everyone on this list should be THAT cheery :) thanks mate, you too!