* Thus wrote Christian Calloway ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> register_global is currently on. The problem is, I am hacking into someone
> else's (awful awful) code, and if I turned off register_globals, the whole
> application would go kaput. I am not even using the old session_x functions,
> just the new associative session array $_SESSION.

What I would do would turn off register_globals and then use
import_request_variables on all the pages.

You could set up a auto_prepend_file to be include for all the
files.  This would make things transparent and protect your
$_SESSION vars.

 http://php.net/import-request-variables

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."