Excuse me, I accidentally sent that last incomplete message.
I have successfully compiled PHP 4.3.3RC3 with the --with-imagick flag after
compiling and installing ImageMagick 5.5.7 (that was a headache on it's
own).  The following error keeps cropping up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagick_readimage() in
/usr/local/lib/php/docs/imagick/examples/border.php on line 5

I've tried compiling PHP without the --with-imagick flag and then doing a
"pear install imagick" to get the pear version 0.9.7 package.  The same
problem occurs.  I don't even know how to use imagick yet; I can't get the
thing to work with example files, so I can't start writing my own stuff yet.
Does anyone at this NG use the imagick tools?  Is there something I have to
include maybe?  Like "require 'imagick.php'" or something?  I can't find any
files that look appropriate for that.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

LandEZ