I hate to be the one to break it to you but this isn't the real world. It's a senior project, and he has a chance to justify the reason to do a project in the language he see's fit, not what the political machine wants. I just don't buy the "don't go against the tide" mentality, and obviously you don't either cause you are on a php mailing list.

-john

Dan Anderson wrote:

I hate to be the one to break it to you but in the real world if a
client or the boss says "program in ASP .NET" you program in ASP.NET
because, well, that's where the money is.  That doesn't mean there isn't
room for using better products, but sometimes you don't get an option.

-Dan