In that case it makes perfect sense since a concatenation is not
actually performed. The loops stuff though might be more tricky to
determine reasoning. I imagine it has to do with the execution tree and
references being created at various stages. Probably the for loop has an
extra step or two which over a large loop can produce noticeable
results.

Cheers,
Rob.

--