Absolute rubbish!!  ALL variables used in the global scope are automatically
global and available in the superglobal array $GLOBALS.  You're confusing
this with the issue that global variables are not automatically accessible
within functions but must be "imported" with the global statement.  (And a
global statement in the gloabl scope has absolutely no effect whatsoever.)

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]