I did read the other thread, and I tried that.

It didn't work...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Blanchard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:46 PM
To: Donald Tyler; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Building an XML Parser Class

[snip]
xml_set_element_handler($this->xml_parser, '$this->startElement',
"$this->endElement");
xml_set_character_data_handler($this->xml_parser,
"$this->valueHandler");

I get an error message:

Warning: xml_parse(): Unable to call handler $this->startElement() in
c:\program files\apache group\php\My_includes\Class.xmlTranslator.php on
line 90

Now I presume this is because I am trying to call methods of my class.
[/snip]

Hmmm... I thought you might have read the other class thread. Since the
method is not public you could call it with the :: syntax.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/keyword.paamayim-nekudotayim.php

HTH