>  As I posted right before, file is created in /tmp.
>  Franlking speaking, I did not make any change to default settings of php.ini
>  In other words,
>     session.save_handler = files
>     session.save_path    = /tmp

Then , as I wrote previous mail, you should at least have session data files
there. (I forgot the exact name. I think it contains session id) Do you see any
session data files? Is your session id changing everytime? or you don't have
session id at all?  Do you see session module info in your phpinfo? Is it
correct? Do you use E_ALL for error reporting? (You may see some errors like
oops header already sent)

Something must be wrong, since your environment is similar to that I have.

Regards,

Yasuo Ohgaki