Hi, all --

My partner and I have done something that gets rid of our error messages,
and we're not quite sure what.  The identical code base (I copied it over
myself; I'm sure) worked "fine" on another supposedly-identical RH Linux
machine.

The basic stub for our code looks like

  $ENGINE_VER="dev" ;
  require "include/config.php" ;
  require "$ENGINE_PATH/file-to-include.php" ;

where 'file-to-include' is whatever we really want (in this case it is
'survey').

If I put a simple typo like

  printt "oops" ;

into the ENGINE_PATH copy I nonetheless do not get any error message.
Now, if I put that into the stub even as the last line I *do* get an
error message, so they are not *entirely* gone.

If I do not require 'include/config.php' and instead manually define
the ENGINE_PATH then I see the error no matter where it is placed.

What kind of call would suppress error messages from a require()d file?
I don't know his codebase, and he's never seen anything like this before,

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"