http://bombusbee.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Pitcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Application Dev -- Separating code for speed.

I have a application, almost like a web portal.  I am working on
developing a version for public use. And have run into some development
questions.

The application is split into 4 major parts.

Plugins -- A class that can be used by one or more modules.
        Example:  A PDF generator.

Modules -- A Class of commands that do a specific task.
        Example: A Work flow controller.

User Information -- An object that holds all the current user
information including the user access levels.

Portal Controller -- A main object that controls all plugins, modules,
and user information.

A complex Portal with complex modules can begin to slow things down,
especially when you start to have 800 + users and thousands and
thousands of lines of code loaded for each user.

  My question is this:

Is there a way in PHP to have the "Portal Controller" run seperately
with out needing to load or include the objects for every user?  I was
thinking of something like
http://mysite/PortalController?Action=GetUserAccessRules

Are there other ways to do this?  Would this speed anything up or would
it slow it down.  Just trying to find a good way to keep code seperated
and speed up access on large sites.

Any input you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Pitcher