anders thoresson wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to call mysqldump from within a php-script, like this:
$backuptime = date("ymdHi");
$backupfile = "un" . $backuptime . ".txt";
exec("mysqldump --opt -u$dbuser -p$dbpassword $dbdatabase $alltables > /web/un/backup/$backupfile");

It works fine on my local Win2k, php 4.3.1, but not on my ISP:s Sun Solaris/php 4.3.2 machine I get a parse error. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a better way to backup my database?

What is the error you get? Print out the command you're trying to run to make sure it looks right. Remember that commands run as the web server user, so ensure that use has permission to run mysqldump. You may need to provide the complete path to mysqldump.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/