I want to create the following:

1- A screen a series files and associated buttons
2- if the user clicks the button a "File | save as" dialog opens up
3- after the file the user is redirected to a new page

I've gotten 1 and 2 to work but I can't figure out how to do anything after the file has finished downloading. I've tried header("Location: ") but that doesn't work because it must be used before any input is sent.

The reason I want this functionality is that once a file is downloaded I want the screen with the buttons to refresh itself and remove the downloaded file from the list displayed to the user.

How can I accomplish this? All suggestions welcomed!

Jean-Christian Imbeault