Hi,
Discussion of xerces will take us out of the mandate of this list. Please download xerces from http://xml.apache.org along with the documents and you will see plenty of sample codes. You might also want to look at IBM's developer site (IBM created the bulk of xerces)

all the best
raditha

Robert Mena wrote:

Thanks to all (actually just one) that answered my
question.  Unfortunatelly I was hoping a more
"complete" answer since the part I asked was not the
main goal... bu t anyway...

I'd like to ask then if the viewers could validate my
new approach or at least point ways of actually
implementing it.

Suppose I use Xerces and tidy to turn two html files
into two xhtml ones.

I'd like to remove the data found between the Tags and
generate two new files only with the scructure
elements (tables, Br, p and so on).

Then I could use regular diff from unix and if they
differ in more than X% I assume they are different.

Assuming that this approach is ok any tips regarding
the actual implementation ?  Any snippets of code
would be great.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

--
http://www.raditha.com/php/progress.php