Try this :
$link = $row[company];
echo ("<a href='full_profile_1.php?name=".urlencode($link)."'>");

www.cpm-fr.com

Thanks for the link, $link = $row['company'];\00\00 <a href=\"full_profile_1.php?name=', urlencode($link),' \"\00\00> However this does not seem to work / what am I missing ? Thanks -Pushpinder

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 03:23 PM, CPT John W. Holmes wrote: From: "Pushpinder Singh Garcha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> I am using an application where I retrieve user profile from a MySQL DB using the Company Name . I pass the name of the company to the PHP script as a '$_GET' parameter. e.g. when the name of the company is 'IBM'. , the URL with the query string would look like : http://masterstream.com/CRM/full_profile_1.php?name=IBM Now one of the records had a name : PSG & Inc. , in this case the URL with the query string would look like http://masterstream.com/CRM/full_profile_1.php?name=PSG%20&%20Inc. However in the case of the latter I am not able to pull out any records from the MySQL database. It says that "no records with the name were found". I went ahead and tweaked the name of the company, to remove the "&" sign in 'PSG & Inc.' Now the query works fine. Can some one throw some light here. I am sure something minor is to be done when passing the name of the company in the parent script. The & character separates variables in the query string, so it must be encoded if it appears in the data. Take a look at http://us2.php.net/urlencode ---John Holmes...