> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:09:29 +0200 Matthias Wulkow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
> >
> > Hi php-general,
> > I have followig error reported:
> >
> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in
> > /usr/local/www/login.php on line 235
> > What is the trouble here?  If I would have trouble because of
> > delivery, normally mail would return false. But here...

> > I have php4.3.1 running on linux. I just installed postfix to have
> > the
> > sendmail binary at the right place.

Did you install postfix _after_ PHP?  Did you have a sendmail binary in
place before you configured PHP?  If it's not there are configure time,
it won't even compile the 'mail' function.

I've had the same problem before - now that PHP can recognise it's got a
way to send email, re-running ./configure / make / make install should
work.  It did for me.

Alister