Hey everyone,

I am writing an application to keep track of employee vacation leave. I have
two timestamp(14) database fields, lets call them start and end, signifying
when start and end of a vacation leave, respectively. What I am trying to do
is get the number of hours between start and end, for example if vacation
started at 12pm on wednesday and ended at 5 pm wednesday, then the total
should be 5 hours (Of course the date ranges are going to be alot more
complicated than that). I attempted to solve this problem in the query,
using the following:

FLOOR((end-start)/3600) as hours

but the values that I am getting are wrong. For example, on what should be a
5 hour span, I am getting back the value 13. Any ideas?

Christian