Isn't there any Perl exec() replacement (I might be wrong about the name of
the function, I mean the one that lets you run a Perl command and return the
expression value)? I'd really like one for different reasons (my
preg_repace("#e#e",$command,"e") doesn't really work tooo great)... If there
is one, does it have a (or could you add a last) parameter that is a bool or
a buffer that could return all echo'ed data?

Also, why the ! does virtual() kill all ob? That seems to be just about the
most idiotic thing possible to me... I mean, what if I run a Perl or Python
(or whatever) script that outputs a XML file that would need to get parsed?
Although, I guess it's not PHP authors fault, rather Apache's, is that
right?

Thanks for reading..
--
// DvDmanDT