I printed the values out, and inserted it into a varibble to check if it finds it. In this case it works! But it only wokes if I do it like this:

array('03042003');

This does not work:
array(03042003);

So I gues it has something to do with this? It really drives me crecy, I already spent an hour on it :-(

Merlin

Catalin Trifu wrote:

Hi,

  You don't have to convert to string; PHP does it
automatically.
  Did you check for the $dates array, does it really contain
what you think it should.
  So, try to make a print_r($dates) and see if you have what you expect.
  FYI: array_search() returns the key of the last found element
(if any)

Cheers,
Catalin

Hi there,

I am having somee trouble with array_search.

The function should search for a given date, but it does not work since array_search seems only to compare strings. Thats why I tryed to cast it, but does not help.

Here is the problem:

(pseudo code)

while(... $log[date][] = (string)date('mdY',$row->timestamp)

$date_search = '03042003';

$search = array_search($date_search, $dates);
if ($search !== NULL)
echo 'works';

it always returns 0

Thanx for any help on that,