Hi,

    The user root is the which starts the main apache process,
the others are the actual servers spawn by the first one. So
the user under which apache runs is www.
    This means that you need to grand write access to those
directory to the user www, and or the group (www i suppose)

Cheers,
Catalin

FYI:
    To find out the user used by apache you can look in httpd.conf and
look for the directive User

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]