You can only have one php.ini for each instance of PHP.

However

You can also control the PHP settings for each copy of the site by using
php configuration directives in the relevant sections of your
httpd.conf.

---
Mark Roedel           | "I know the answer!  The answer lies within the
Systems Programmer    |  heart of all mankind!  The answer is twelve?!?
LeTourneau University |  I think I'm in the wrong building."
Longview, Texas, USA  |           -- Peppermint Patty (Charles Schultz)