Hi, all --

I thought I knew the trick for this, but I don't, and I have about an
hour to figure it out.

We're going to be taking down our web server for some unavoidable
maintenance and we want to put up a polite "we're not here" page rather
than just look like we went out of business.  We're going to bring up
httpd but leave all databases etcetc turned off.

How can i make a script, perhaps with an htaccess trick file, which will
take

  example.com/
  example.com/login.php
  example.com/index.php?some&params&etc

and always be found?  The trick I knew depended on looking in a
subdirectory so that I could fake the name, but this has to work from the
root.

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"