On 9/5/03 1:50 PM, "Mike Zornek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to give PEAR a try and am currently following it's tutorial at:
> http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.db.intro-fetch.php
>
> Now when I put this code into a PHP file I get a parse error on line 49
> which has:
>
> while ($row = $result->fetchRow()) {
>
> I don't see what would cause the error, maybe the object syntax? I'm new to
> PHP objects so little help.
>
> ~ Mike

Ok, the reason I was getting this error seems to be related to Safari on OS
X. When I copy code segments in Safari and paste them in BBEdit they
generally looked ok, although there were extra spaces inserted in some
places. I then turned on show invisible characters and it made it even more
clear that something was up.

I'll detail it more later in my blog and then forward it to apple in a bug
report. For now I'll move to Mozilla for this.

~ Mike
--
Mike Zornek
Extreme geek in training