anders thoresson wrote:

Hi,

I've had troubles with an application that randomly (until now) unsets the session variable $_SESSION['editor']. I've hunted through all my code and finally managed to rule out everything else than the following couple of lines.

It unsets the session variable $_SESSION['editor'], but leaving others, like $_SESSION['admin'] untouched. At the first debug, I get "Admin: Y Editor: Y" printed (which is the way I suppose things to be), but at the second debug I just get "Admin: Y Editor:".

[snip]
while ($editor = mysql_fetch_row($editorresult))
[snip]

You more than likely have register globals ON, so by setting $editor to some value above, you are also changing the value of $_SESSION['editor'].

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals - www.phparch.com