* Thus wrote micro brew ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been experimenting with sessions.  I can make
> them work just fine in a normal PHP page.  But when I
> create a class and try to define a session variable
> within a method in the class it won't work.  I've
> tried setting the session variable directly
> ($_SESSION['name']='somevalue') but that didn't work.
> The normal way of setting it -
> session_start();
> session_register('name');
> $name='somevalue';

You might want to read
  http://php.net/session

You are most likley running into a register_globals issue.

A couple things to note:

  . You must not mix $_SESSION[] access with session_register()
  anywhere in your script.

  . When you issue session_register('name') inside your class it is
  declaring the global var $name as a session var, not the $name in
  your script.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."